All meetings are usually held on the third Thursday of the month. We hold a "meet and greet" beginning at 6:00pm and the meeting begins officially at 6:30pm at Hillside United Methodist Church in the Fellowship Hall at 4474 Towne Lake Parkway, Woodstock GA 30189. When you arrive at NGKG meetings, please be sure to check in and wear your name badge as you enter the meeting. This helps us all to get to know each other, especially with visitors and new members.
August 19, 2014
Experiences in Alpaca farming/Uses for Alpaca Yarn; AlpacaFest 2014
Presented by Sharon Bogenschutz, Owner, Georgian Oaks Farm/SuriBunny fibers
Her Experiences in Alpaca farming, uses for Alpaca Yarn, and details about the 2014 Georgia Alpaca FiberFest to be held in historic Columbus, Georgia. Sharon will bring samples of her luxurious SuriBunny yarns-so soft you won't want to pass them on!
September 18, 2014
We are scheduled for the same location as last year - the Community Room at the Fire Station on Ridge Mill Road in Acworth. Our auctioneer this year is Dale Cash (husband of Barbara). Patrick has moved to China, and Dale stepped up to help us this year.
The Auction Donation Form is linked below. Please include a form with each donation you make, placing the item donated in a bag along with the form. Please fill out a separate form for each donation!
Deadline for your auction donations is September 1 to allow for time to post photos and get the donations organized and ready for the big event.
Bring your donations to the August meeting, or meet me at one of the following:
- Monday nights at Chick-fil-A on Barrett Parkway from 6:30 to 10:00
- Tuesdays at Atlanta Bread Company on Highway 92 from 11:00 to 2:00 (I will not be there on July 29 due to a previous commitment)
- Sunday afternoons at a Starbucks in the Marietta area - email me to confirm date and time and location.
As always, this is also a call for volunteers. Please let me know if you can assist with any of the following:
- Auctioneer Assistants, i.e., "Vanna White" - Two folks are needed to announce the items as they are up for bid. Diane and Barb did a great job last year!
- Set-up and Clean-Up - Several folks are needed to assist with setting up the Chinese auction items and arranging the regular auction items for viewing. Others are needed to help clear out the building before we leave.
- Treasurer's Assistants - A couple of folks are needed to sit with our Treasurer and help her keep up with the winning bid and the winning paddle number. These folks will also help collect and count the money.
- Pre-Auction Planning and Organizing - Last year, several of us gathered to get items priced and organized into "groups". We will also create a spreadsheet that can be sent out prior to the auction so members can plan their purchases ahead of time.
Auction Donation Form
October 16, 2014
Knitting in Europe
Presented by Betty Salpekar, Past-President, NGKG
Details to come….
November 20, 2014
Create the Best Look for You!
Presented by Susan Duralde, VP Programs, Atlanta Knitting Guild
Scarves/stoles/shawls that you knit should be part of an overall look. To create an elegant look, there are basic rules to follow, and Susan will be discussing those rules and showing us - via a wonderful slide presentation - the visual impact of different decisions we make each time we put on clothing.
This is also the meeting for Annual Elections
December 18, 2014